Saturday, June 18, 2011

I'm going back to Cali, err... Australia

WhooHoo! I leave for Australia in 2 days. I haven't packed a thing or even thought about what to bring other than this:
(I'm totally wrapped up in the Game of Thrones series and I'm on book 2 of 4 and hoping to finish them on this trip so I can read book 5 when it comes out in July. #dorklife)

STA hooked me up proper with this trip and the last 2 weeks is sort of a work thing. Best believe I'll be hard at work... sailing around the Great Barrier Reef, 4x4ing on Frazer Island and you know, doing the Cairns to Brisbane thing. I extended my trip a bit so that I could hit up Sydney and make it down to Melbourne and visit my m8 Brandon.

Stoked! "Bring Dayquil" he says. OK np, mai dewd.

OH! And have I ever told you how much I love the internet??! It's true. I do. I write for http://www.candycranks.com/ (not as often as I should, but...) and thanks to them I got put in touch with http://ponybikes.wordpress.com/ and they are going to lend me a bike to ride in Melbourne (fingers crossed things go as planned). Although, truth be told I also have a plan b bike lined up thanks to http://www.fixed.org.au/ (Before John Prolly jacked my thread. Ha! But not mad atcha.) The internet really does make the whole world feel like a small town.
#<3Uinternetz

Then someone told me about the Melburn Roobaix, which is happening while I'm in town. And then it was on. Rumor has it that 800+ people from all over Australia (and the world, if you count me) are participating in this bike race/ride. Rain hail or shine it's going dOWn on some of the most narrow, cobbley cobblestone streets in Melbourne. Registration was already closed but I emailed Andy of FYXO fame (I heard he used to live in SF) and he sorted me out. Soooo I'm going to get to ride in this sketchy ass race on a borrowed bike in the middle of winter in a town I don't know...

and I couldn't be more excited. yee!

And then last but not least, my Surefire fam put me in touch with some down under dubstep heads so we are gonna drown pints and light up the dance floor... as you do. And oh hey, peep my boy, EPROM throwing it down at All City Bass in Melbourne a few months ago:

(This is near the top when you google All City Base, lol)

Massive thanks out to everyone who helped with the networking and planning of this trip so far. (Melissa, Brandon, Meg, Sasha, Andy, Devin, Matt, Tey, James and Danny <3 x 100!) I'm going to try to update this blog while on the road, although I kind of have a lot on my plate, so we'll see how that goes. But it's like... pics or STFU, right?! :P dun worry dunny, you'll get some. so put me in your reader!

Gonna leave my heart right here for safe keeping.

Back in mid-July.
peace.

No comments: