Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ohhh, the things you do to go to Peru

My next trip is to Peru to hike the Inca Trail and visit the Amazon. Because of the Amazon part, I had to get a Yellow Fever vaccine and Malaria pills. I also had to get a fresh round of Hep. and Typhoid and a flu vaccine. All in all it was about $500 and insurance doesn't cover it.

After taking my 3rd Typhoid pill yesterday, I woke up this morning with a rash all over my stomach. It's really hot in SF today and my apartment is blazing so when I got home I put on shorts and realized that the rash has spread all over my legs. It doesn't itch or hurt, but it's still pretty disturbing. It looks like I have chicken pox or something. I read that a rash and hives are a rare side effect of the Typhoid pills, so I guess I'm just thaaaat lucky.

There's been a lot of anxious preparation for this trip and I'm ready to just get on the plane already! 10 day count down starts now.

No comments: