Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Coming home soon!

My 68 day trip is nearing an end and it's a good thing because I'm about to run out of shampoo, conditioner, hair gel, face wash, cotton balls, toothpaste... just about everything really.
I can't believe I made it without getting sick. Well, twice I had cramps so bad that I thought I was on the verge of death. And I have to admit, I did puke once but it wasn't really due to being "sick". I didn't even drink thaaat much, but I woke up feeling horrible so I forced myself to down a bunch of water. And then right after I drank all that water I was like, "uh oh." So when you think about it, it was really the water that made me sick, not all the vodka I drank the night before.
Nothing was stolen and I didn't lose anything on this trip either, which is awesome. I almost got mugged in Laos, but when I screamed and raised my fist, I think the perpetrator was more scared of me than I was of him. And with so many flights I was sure I'd lose some luggage, but I didn't. I did lose some stuff on purpose so that I'd be able to zip up my suitcase. I gave away a few books, pants, shirts, a scarf/shall thing and some left over squashed energy bars.
Turns out I didn't need that bag of emergency snacks after all. Being a picky eater, I was worried about starving, but in reality I can barely fit into my jeans these days. But none of that matters now. I'm sure the gym will be there waiting for me when I get home.
So as this trip draws to a close I'm feeling super lucky that things have gone so well.

No comments: