Monday, July 11, 2011

4th of July Sailing around the Whitsunday islands

We spent two nights on a yacht sailing around the Whitsunday islands, which is sort of near the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. Boats are cool I guess, but I'm not really a boat person and I don't think I would have wanted to be on this boat for more than 2 days. But for 2 days it was cool. In fact, it was really fun! We had great weather and it was a good group of people. On the 2nd day our boat broke down, so the boat company called a sister boat over and we hopped on that boat and were going to go snorkeling and then that boat broke down. Turns out they had bought some bad fuel or something. So there was a little drama on this sailing trip but everyone kept their heads and kept a good attitude and in the end it all worked out fine.
I took a few pics:






At night you could see so many stars and the milky way. I don't know if I have ever seen so many stars! And I was able to catch the sunrise the next morning and that was also amazing!

No comments: