Friday, May 11, 2012

My Birthday in Paris

I was afraid I was going to wake up with a hang over on my birthday, but I didn't :D and that's how I know I'm still young, ha! Relatively speaking, I guess.
It was raining this morning so we decided to visit the Musee D'Orsay. I think everyone else in Paris had the same idea because it was so crowded! It got kinda steamy and stuffy in there with so many people and I can't even imagine what it must be like in the peak of the summer. It's a beautiful building and the art was amazing and we had a nice lunch on the 5th floor cafe. But it was a relief to get outside into the fresh air. It was much cooler today, but not at all cold. It was pretty perfect actually.
We spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around Montmartre. We checked out the view from the Sacre Coeur.



And then we went to the Espace Dali, which was so cool!


















Of course the pictures do not do it justice but hanging out with so much art was a pretty sweet way to spend my birthday.
We wandered around some more and it seems like they do not allow dogs in the parks and gardens, which I kind of love.



I had a macaroon that blew my mind from the cutest little shop.



We popped into a seconf hand English book store and I got a new book for the plane ride home, since I finished the book I was reading, Behind the Beautiful Forevers.
Then we chilled for a bit and had coffee and tea in a little square in front of the Theater L'Odeon.



Tonight we have dinner reservations some place fancy (I can't remember the name right now) and I have to figure out what to wear from the strangeness that is what I packed. Ha!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: