Friday, July 24, 2009

Leaving for New Zealand TOMORROW!

It's been almost a year since I've been out of the country, and I'm so jonesing for a vacation! I've been really busy lately and although I have a New Zealand guide book (that I got from Lonely Planet for Free at Caltopia 2 years ago, because I knew I really wanted to go there) I have yet to actually open the book. I haven't done much research. I've only booked my first two nights and my last 5 in Queenstown. Everything in between will just sort itself out as I go along. (hopefully!) This is the first time I've travelled this way. Usually, I research and plan. But that's ok. I think it's good for me :)
I do have an idea of my itinerary, though.
It's going to go something like this:
LA (hang out with Gus for a couple hours and finally get to see his new place)
Auckland for 5 days (staying with Kelly for part of the time)
Whitanga
Rotorua
Waitomo
Taupo (snowboarding)
River Valley
Wellington (staying with Brandon, partying with some dubstep people, FUN!)
Nelson?
West Port?
Mahinapua
Franz Joseph (glacier hiking)
Wanaka (snowboarding)
Queenstown (snowboarding)
Yay.. super excited!
I'm going to try to post updates and pics if I can, so stay tuned.
<3!

No comments: