Monday, July 27, 2009

Made it to Auckland... Finally!

Both my AA flight from SFO - LAX and my Qantas flight from LAX - AKL were delayed and I think it took over 24 hours total to get here.
The QF flight from LA to AKL was full, but thankfully I had a good seat. The food they served was terrible, but the snack pack and hot chocolate almost made up for it. I slept and didn't watch any movies or anything, but I still felt like a total wreck when I got off the plane.
And because I brought hiking shoes I had to go through some extra lines and customs evaluations. They are really strict here and want to make sure you aren't bringing anything crazy onto their lil island, messing up their "way of life".
As I was exiting the airport in a daze, this shuttle driver tried to get me to take his shuttle into town. But I told him $30 was way to expensive and I was trying to take the bus, so he told me "special price for you my friend" and took me to my hotel for the same price as the bus. It was sweet. And then I got to my hotel and it is freakin' amazing! It's so beautiful. And of course I managed to get a complimentary room upgrade, cause that's how I roll :)
My room is gorgeous. I couldn't be more thrilled. Although the only thing I've done so far is sleep for 8 hours, have dinner and a cocktail and write this blog update. Oh well.
Tomorrow is a new day. I plan to maybe go for a run and wander around town a bit. And then definitely going to hit up the spa/sauna/jacuzzi/pool/gym. And I don't know... maybe sleep some more.
I was so stressed and busy before I left San Francisco, that having these 2 days to myself in Auckland is like the best thing ever. I'm so thankful for everything, and there are moments when I can't believe that this is really my life!
I took some pics, but I don't feel like paying $9.95NZD per hour for wifi to upload them, so you'll get to see those later.
<3!

No comments: