Tuesday, March 2, 2010

my first day in Ho Chi Minh

After my leisurely morning at the Duxton I made my way to the Huynh Anh Hotel, which is in the more backer part of town. Jesse got there shortly after me, she is from Petaluma and we became instant friends. We decided to go out and wander and we found a little place with a balcony up off the street to have lunch, which was fresh spring rolls, (shrimp and something else, with a sweet dipping sauce and a super spicy one) and then chicken pho and green tea. It was fabulous and was less than $3. We walked around some more and it was really hot and so we ducked in for some frozen yogurt/smoothie. I found a yoga place that I'm going to try to hit up tomorrow at some point, hopefully. And then on our way back to the hotel we decided to get massages. I had a full body, hour massage and it was the equivalent of $5 USD. And it was fabulous, omg! I'm really digging this place already! Although, the Huynh Anh Hotel is a far cry from the Duxton, lol. Ants attacked Jesse's toothpaste the minute she put it down. Awesome.
Here's the view from the window:

And the view from the spot where we had lunch:

No comments: