Tuesday, March 2, 2010

my last day in HCMC

So today is my last day in HCMC. I decided not to go to the Chu Chi Tunnels today. The only reason I kinda wanted to go was to shoot an AK47, but I heard that it's really loud and hot and dirty and it's really just a bunch of war/anti-American propaganda, so I think I'll leave that experience for the next go around.

Instead I woke up and had some fabulous coffee.


Then went and took a fantastic yoga class.


Then had a nice long shower, super yummy veggie and noodle lunch and then did a little wandering and a little shopping and a little chillin.

I'm getting ready to take a night train to Nha Trang, which is like a beach resort town, I think. Can't say I'll be sad to leave Ho Chi Minh behind. This place is nuts. It's a total assault on the senses. And it's not that I didn't like it, because it was interesting and for the amount of time I was here (2 days), it was totally fine. Buuuuut, it will be nice to get away from the madness of the big city, I think.

Here is a lil video of what it's like to cross the street here in Ho Chi Minh. And this vid was taken at like 8 or 9pm, so totally not during any kind of peak traffic time. This is just how it is here all the time, completely nutso.

No comments: