Thursday, March 4, 2010

Nha Trang

We got off the night train in Nha Trang around 5am and I was sooooo happy that there was a hotel room ready at such an early hour. Total luck. In Vietnam I find myself wanting to take at least 2 showers a day because it is so hot and sticky. So I showered, chilled out for a bit and then we headed to a beach that was about 20 min. outside of town near the airport (I didn't even know Nha Trang had an airport and I have no idea what the airport code is. fail.) I forgot the name of the beach, because I'm in bad tourist mode right now. And I haven't really been taking many pictures either. Sorry. It's like my mind is elsewhere.
Anyway, the beach was nice and pretty deserted until much later in the afternoon.

We started drinking around 10am and that went on all day and yet, I feel totally fine/sober(ish) right now at 530pm.

Not sure if the alcohol is just weak, or if I have some kind of new found insane tolerance, which does tend to come and go depending... and we did eat bbq and amazing food all day long too so I'm sure that helped. It was a good day, for sure.

AND...
I met a boy from Cambodia named Akim (although, his name is probably not really Akim, but something much longer and way more complicated). Akim likes to ride bikes and he has 2 bikes at home in Cambodia and one is a Trek just like mine. Crazy. And when I showed him a picture of my fixed gear his reaction was so priceless, his face lit up and he was like "no waaaaay" and it was the cutest thing I think I saw all day.
Anyway, tomorrow we are going to "hire pushbikes" and ride out to the temples and to some waterfall (that I heard has leaches). It's gonna be sweet. But it's not what you're thinking. It's not a date. We are just bike friends cause bikes bring people together. And it way beats walking around in the heat!

No comments: