Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Aussie slang

There is so much great Aussie slang! I think some of it might be the same as British slang. I'm trying to remember it as I encounter it, but it's hard, so I'm gonna blog it for the archives. Here's what I've got so far:

In stead of like right on, or something like that it's "good on ya".

And all the guys here will call you "love". How sweet, eh?
Or of course, "mate" is the other one.

And you don't order take out food, it's food to "take away".

And it's not a non-fat latte, it's a "skinny latte".
And there is no diet coke, only "coke light".

If someone offers you a stick of gum, they ask if you want a "chewy".

And instead of a sweat shirt or a hoodie, it's a "jumper".

And breakfast is "brekky". I love that one... "let's get some brekky."

There is so much more, but that's all I can think of right now.

No comments: