Monday, October 22, 2007

Sydney: man, what is up with all the flies?!

What an amazing freakin' city this would be if it weren't for all the little flies. Seriously, you guys... it's like you are walking down the street and 2 or 3 little flies will just buzz all around your face and head. They'll land on your arms and follow you all the way down the block. I felt like pig pen. (Is that the little dirty guy's name from the snoopy cartoon?) At first I thought it was just me. I thought that maybe my perfume was like a fly magnet or something, but then I noticed that everyone was trying to swat at these bitches. Gross. A city full of flies. Why?
Anyway, I had a lovely afternoon in Sydney. I walked to the Opera house and had a fabulous cocktail and mixed greed salad at the opera bar watching the sun set over the harbor bridge. Then I walked around some more... and some more, until I found exactly what I wanted to eat for dinner in this little French cafe that, of course, had some very good wine to compliment the meal. The perfect compliment to my meal.
And I know it's lame to be going to bed so early, but I'm freakin' exhausted from Hong Kong and from the plane ride and from walking all over the place today!
(and I have to get up early for my bike ride tomorrow.)
(oh, and these mosquito bites on my legs are out of control! what can I do?! they are red and if I touch them at all they start itching like crazy! does benedryl work to make them stop itiching? I bought this mentholy stuff in HK that kind of worked, but then I lost it some where. Doh! ugh... gotta not think about the itchies... it's so hard!)

1 comment:

kat said...

If you run your itches under the hottest water you can stand for as long as you can stand it, the itching will stop for like 5 hours. Hope you enjoy Sydney, remember cute millionaires and their brothers!