Sunday, October 21, 2007

made it to Sydney

phew. that was a long and very full flight. I didn't sleep much. Then it took forever to get out of the airport. I got in at around 8am, and got to my hotel around 10am, but the room wasn't ready yet. So I just wandered around the neighborhood a bit and there is this really nice organic grocery store across the street and a bunch of little book shop cafes. I haven't been eating hardly any salads or fruit in Asia because I didn't want to get sick, so that is what I'm super craving. I think it should be no problem to find some good healthy food around here, though.
I got into my room around 11am and had to sleep for a few hours, but now I'm up, showered and ready to go wander around some more. I think I'm gong to head down to the center of town and check out the opera house. Tomorrow I'm doing a bike tour that starts around there, so I better figure out my way. Then tomorrow afternoon I think I'm either going to head to Bondi beach, or take the ferry to Manly.

No comments: