Sunday, October 21, 2007

HK... I love this city!

Hong Kong is so fun. I really love this city! The MTR, their subway, makes it so easy and fast to get around. And the busses and ferries are also super cool and easy to use. Of course I did the touristy thing and took the tram up to Victoria Peak to see the view. I did it on Saturday and it was soooo freakin' crowded. And then you get up there and look out and it is so hazy. You can't really see too much. I'm still not sure if it's smog or what, but it's pretty unpleasant. I guess that is how it looks in LA, too, huh? Gross. We are spoiled in the Bay. I'm sure we have some pollution, but it never looks like that! There is so much shopping to do in this city, but unless you are in the markets, everything is really expensive. Food here is also expensive. I've spent as much in Hong Kong in the last 2 days, as I did in Vietnam and China in the last 2 or so weeks. Doh! But I got some good knock off stuff, lol. It's the going out for food and drinks that kills you here. But we found a surpriseing wicked decent Mexican food restaurant last night with a huge tequilla selection. It was heaven, after nothing but asian food and rice wine! Hong Kong is not a place you'd really want to stay too long, though because it is so expensive. Hotels are really expensive too. But I guess there are some good hikes and parks and stuff you could do other than shopping.
I leave for Sydney tonight and I'm sooo excited to be going to Australia. Although, I just found out that they have 9 out of the 10 most deadliest snakes in the world and they have some kind of common deadly spider. Great. Right now I have like 20 mossie bites on each leg from my knees down to my ankles and they itch sooo freakin' bad. I think I was scratching them in my sleep, cause they are getting worse not better. Argh! That's gonna be real cute when I finally get to start wearing shorts again. It will be so nice to be in a country where you don't have to worry about keeping your shoulders and knees covered. And where they eat cheese! And have Kettle One!! w00t!

No comments: