Thursday, September 20, 2007

made it to Phuket

phew. Yesterday was like the longest travel day ever. I think I'm ready for the Amazing Race, now! But I finally made it to Thailand, to Phuket, to Karan Beach Resort, where I'm spoiling myself for a few days. (Don't worry I got everything cheap!) But I think they think I'm crazy being here by myself. My taxi driver and the reception people act like they don't understand what I'm doing here alone, because this place is full of honeymooners and families on vacation. But whatever. The hotel knows I'm a travel agent, and so they are sending complimentary fruit plates to my room, and giving me vouchers for dinner and stuff. It's pretty sweet. And my room is super nice. Last night I got in and took the longest hottest shower and then ordered room service and went to sleep for a good 12 hours or so. It is pretty hot here and very humid, so if you are out in the sun you are sweating immediately. But it is sort of partly cloudy so the sun isn't really beating down, and of course when it gets too hot you just jump in the pool, or post up at the pool bar. I think I might get a mani/pedi today and a Thai massage tomorrow. Like I said, I'm spoiling myself for a few days. Don't hate! I have a few pics to post, like of the amazing view from my balcony, so if I can figure out where to buy a wireless card, I'll do it.

No comments: