Saturday, September 22, 2007

Whoops, I never posted any London pics










I didn’t take many pics in London, but I did take a few at the Design Museum. They wouldn’t let you take pics at the Terracotta Warriors exhibit at the British Museum because they wanted you to buy the book for 25 pounds. Yeah right! On the way to the Design Museum I passed this little wine bar where they were selling bottles of Veuve for 45 pounds each! (My favorite champagne, just fyi, in case you ever want to impress me and make the evening special…) I could never survive in London. I’d always be flat broke. Oh wait… that’s already the case in the Bay. I live a great, fun life but it means I’m always broke. Gonna have to do something about that when I get back. Anyway, I hope you enjoy these pics from the Design Museum. There was this super sick political graphic arts exhibit. And then there was this big exhibit by some lady (I forgot her name and I stupidly threw away the booklet thing, but it was like Zahad something or other). She was born in Iraq, she is an architect mainly, but also designs funtiture and stuff. She designed the big crazy super dope BMW plant/headquarters in Germany. (I bet you could goggle that and get her name). Her designs are all geometric and she has some really amazing drawings and models that were on display but I didn’t get any pics of them. Some of her buildings have been built, like the BMW one, but a lot of them haven’t. The exhibit was really interesting. Hope you like.
And I know all my friends are out at Grime City right now listening to RAW, and I’m so jealous! But I guess I can’t really complain, eh? Let’s see should I take a nap in my air conditioned room, or head back down to the bar? I was going to get a massage today, but they do them out by the pool and it is just too hot to be touched, ya know? The only way I can stand to be out there is to have a frozen drink in my hand. I had a super yummy lunch, of my favorite Thai food dish. They call it something different here, but it’s basically flat wide rice noodles, chicken, green veggies in an oyster sauce.
OK, Here is a link to all my flickr pics of Phuket.

No comments: