Thursday, August 6, 2009

Gollom's pool, Ohakune

When I told some people that I was coming to New Zealand, they asked if I was going to see the Lord of the Rings stuff, and that seemed like the most ludicrous question. I mean, I could f'ing care less about any Lord of the Rings stuff. New Zealand was here and was beautiful way before the Lord of the Rings movies were made. But some people care about that stuff I guess. Or it is their only reference for New Zealand, which is pretty lame, but whatever. So while I didn't do the hobbit town tour or any any of that crap, I did hike out to this water fall at Ohakune, which is where they filmed part of the Lord of the Rings, I guess. This was Gollom's pool, where I guess he sort of frolicked around in the water and ate a fish. (I don't really remember the movies that well, sorry). The place was beautiful. Movie or no movie.

can you see my shadow?





1 comment:

Talie said...

you're about to have julian and kenz bust a nut! they <3 LOTR...we watched it here on Thursday, hahahhaha... MISS YOU!