Thursday, August 13, 2009

Snowboarding in New Zealand...

would probably be choice if it wasn't raining.

I rode Treble Cone today and it rained on and off all day long. I guess they've had a warm spell lately so the snow was super slushy and the runs were really choppy and it was pretty rough going.

But I'll take slush over ice any day! And I still managed to make the best of it and ripped it all to shreds, of course. (can you see the rainbow?)

The snow here in New Zealand, and maybe all over the southern hemisphere... I don't know, is above the tree line. That was weird. I couldn't tell where the runs were because there was nothing separating them. Of course visibility was also shit.

I'm sure on a powder day riding here would be siiiiiiick.
My legs are pretty destroyed after today because it was so slushy and choppy. But I felt more fit than I thought I would, it being my first day snowboarding in months and months. But by the end of the day I had to mostly ride switch because I couldn't put any more weight on my right leg. And on my last run at like 330p, I literally could not see a thing. But it was a rad day, none the less.

And Treble Cone is cool. I bet on a clear day the view is amazing.


And I got one good photograph today.

I hope the weather gets better! I read that it might snow a little bit in the morning. Tomorrow I'm going to ride at Cardrona because that's where they are holding the Burton New Zealand Open and tomorrow is the Half Pipe Finals, so I'm way stoked to check that out.
:))))